In the non-profit world, “outsourcing” is sometimes regarded as a dirty word, but that has nothing to do with outsourcing your marketing, which is actually a very smart move for your organization. With tight budgets and a lingering recession, now is the time to make the most of your resources, whether talent or money. But that’s not the only reason to outsource marketing functions.
With an explosion of new media and social marketing opportunities, now is the time to take advantage of these exciting technologies or risk being left behind. In a sense, your cause is at a crossroads, and seizing all of the new marketing tools can propel you to the top of your niche. But the only way to do so is by having experts in the field guiding your marketing strategy, rather than struggling to understand and implement the technology yourself.
- Even tech-savvy firms or personnel with diverse backgrounds can use outside expertise. Outsourcing marketing functions will allow you to take advantage of the skills and experience of professional advertising and brand management specialists. These individuals are immersed in the world of marketing every day and can use successful techniques from other campaigns to benefit your organization.
- Additionally, outsourcing your marketing to a professional firm can help you gain a broader perspective and identify any potential blind spots or biases in your marketing.
- Another important advantage of outsourcing marketing functions is the insight and data that professional marketing firms possess. Marketing firms have a wealth of research at their disposal and have the resources to perform evaluative analysis on target markets and the effectiveness of outreach techniques.
- Experience and specialized knowledge aren’t the only ways in which outsourcing your marketing can benefit your organization, though. Leaving marketing functions to the experts gives you and your employees the freedom to concentrate on what you do best. Without the distraction of trying to tackle marketing, your organization will instantly be more focused on running your cause, not promoting it. Because of this, you can pay more attention to your core competencies and put your resources into internal improvements, rather than worrying about your image. This will give you a chance to streamline your operations, which in turn will give your marketing firm another thing to share with your audience.
- In addition to freeing up your personnel, you can free up more money by reducing overhead. Outsourcing marketing functions means you don’t have to worry about recruiting and training new employees or finding workspace to put together complex projects. Marketing can be quite expensive, and there are a lot of fixed costs – between graphic design programs and subscriptions to research databases, the cost required to run one successful campaign on your own can reverberate for many quarters to come. Also, advertising and promotion professionals and “creative” minds often expect higher salaries, so outsourcing marketing can cut down on your costs as well.
In this new age of communications, the importance of marketing can’t be ignored. With so many new methods for reaching supporters, a mass marketing campaign just isn’t effective any more. Audiences are diverse and there are an astonishing number of channels of communication to consider. Instead of diverting valuable resources to such a complicated area, why not reap the benefits of outsourcing marketing functions?